Developing our people and our leaders is a strategic goal for the organization in HR planning through succession planning and internal talent mobility. It is also directly linked with higher employee engagement, improved performance, greater innovation, retention of talent and improved employee well-being. We support the growth of our province and promote workplaces where employees are inspired to make a positive impact and proud to shape the future of our Island community. Departments across government have developed human resource plans to recruit, retain and engage knowledgeable and skilled employees to meet these expectations; and the PSC has modernized several ways to obtain leadership development in the Civil Service:
1. Employee initiated, self-directed leadership study ($ available through the D&T funds);
2. Pathways to Learning Courses (self-selected based on your learning plan/ needs);
3. Leaders in Action Program (24 month program; 20 sessions + a retreat + work on a corporate project) Applications for 2022 intake coming fall 2021!
4. Insights Mid-Level Leader Program (4 month; 4 sessions)
5. NEW! Insights Senior Management Academy (Designed for Directors) (4-6 month; 4 sessions)
To apply for either of these programs, please click on the links above to find out more information on program dates and for the electronic application package lease send your completed application to Dr. Alaina Roach O'Keefe firstname.lastname@example.org. Fall Registration is now closed.
- A completed Application Cover Form & completed Questions (max 1 page per)
- A completed Applicant Commitment Form
- A completed Departmental Commitment Form
- Your most current learning plan/ PDP
- Your current resumé, including a list of learning opportunities completed within the past three years
- Contact information for two references from within the public service that the Public Service Commission may contact during the selection process
If you have questions, contact: Dr. Alaina Roach O’Keefe, 902-368-4186, email@example.com