Length: 2.5 hours
Audience: Managers and Supervisors in the Civil Service or Health PEI
The provincial staffing process is the foundation for an equitable public service work force that is able to meet the needs of the citizenry of the province. Understanding the staffing process will enable managers to do effective organization design, work group structuring and succession planning.
- Learn the steps that are involved in the staffing process from start to finish.
- Understand the roles and responsibilities of all board members for the staffing process.
- Clear comprehension of the objectives of the staffing process.
Application in the workplace:
- Fair and equitable selection process in the public sector.
- Effective recruitment and selection process.
- Understanding of the guiding principles.
Facilitators: Janet Horne and Maribeth Vos