Length: Two 2 hour sessions
Audience: All employees, administrative support, supervisors, managers, senior executives, leaders
This workshop will increase awareness and skills in applying an inclusion lens when reviewing policies, procedures and programs. Participants will be introduced to a series of questions that must be considered to effectively apply an inclusion lens.
Participants will be invited to review current policies and programs that they work with on a daily basis, while paying attention to dimensions of diversity such as race, ethnicity, religion, ability, gender identity, sexual orientation, class and so on.
- By the end of this workshop participants will:
- Identify systemic barriers that can hamper inclusion practices.
- Recognize how assumptions related to diversity can influence outcomes in planning, policy development and program implementation.
- Explore and share innovative practices for delivering inclusive services to the public.
- Practice reviewing policies and programs by using an Inclusion Lens.
Facilitator: Crystal Taylor - Ebony Consulting
About the Facilitator:
All of the PSC’s new diversity and inclusion virtual courses are designed and delivered by Crystal Taylor, Founder, CEO and President of the Ebony Consulting. Crystal is a results-driven facilitator; award-winning diversity strategist, policy analyst, adult educator and coach with a passion for helping organizations and individuals build the cultural capacity they need to achieve their inclusion objectives. Crystal has helped clients in federal, provincial and municipal government levels, post-secondary and private industry embrace their human capital, unleash their diversity potential and transform their organizational cultures by infusing inclusion into their policies, practices and strategic directions.